We are pleased to introduce Kate Vandenheuvel, a full-time Physiotherapist who has joined our Allied Health Team at the Broken Hill GP Super Clinic. Kate has completed a Bachelor of Physiotherapy at Charles Sturt University and is registered with the Australian Physiotherapy Association. During her studies Kate has worked at a number of hospitals across Australia and overseas including our very own health service.
Kate has a solid base of physiotherapy knowledge and experience in a range of physiotherapy areas including cardiorespiratory, orthopaedics, stroke rehabilitation, prosthetic training and musculoskeletal assessments.
The type of patients that would benefit from seeing Kate are:
- Patients with Muscular Skeletal conditions (such as arthritis, sports injuries or back pain)
- Patients with Neurological conditions (such as stroke, multiple sclerosis and spinal cord injuries
- Patients with cardiothoracic conditions (such as emphysema, asthma, chronic bronchitis)
- Patients with Osteoporosis
- Patients recovering from surgery
- Patients with Arthritis
- COPD Patients
- Patients with Chronic pain
- Patients with a history of poor exercise maintenance
- Patients who have had an injury, or who have had an operation, for rehabilitation
- Patients who have a falls history and/or are high risk of falls
A well-equipped rehabilitation room/gym is available onsite for short or long term use, to facilitate the management of patients with the above. If you would like to see Kate, please talk to your GP.