Chantelle Grundy is our full time Accredited practicing dietitian who has been working with us here at the Broken Hill GP Super Clinic for the past three and a half years.
Chantelle has worked in both rural and metropolitan regions and has 7 years experience in the field.
She welcomes referrals of the following types of patients including:
- Diabetes (Type 1, Type 2 and gestational diabetes)
- Clients with disordered eating
- Patients with allergies
- Intolerances to food
- Paediatric dietetics
- Gastrointestinal disorders, including irritable bowel syndrome, coeliac disease, crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis.
- Heart Disease / Blood Pressure / Cholesterol management
- Patients with Cancer
- Clients interested in losing weight
- Palliative care patients
Chantelle also completed her graduate certificate in diabetes education and is happy to discuss general diabetes management with clients such as:
- Initial diagnosis of diabetes or Impaired Glucose Tolerance / Impaired fasting glycaemia / Borderline diabetes
- Help clients understand diabetes and make informed lifestyle and treatment choices
- Help with monitoring and interpreting their blood glucose patterns
- Helping achieve glycaemic targets or desired clinical goals
- Provide education regarding self-care knowledge, skills or confidence
- Provide education around episodes of hypoglycaemia
- Private referrals – Initial consult fee $60 – Review $55
- EPC referrals (Enhanced Primary Care Plan)
- DVA referrals
- Weight management clinics – no referral required; this is a bulk-billed service.
- Rev up diabetes group – a referral from your GP is required